Skip to main content

"Canhead" Now Achieved a Stop Motion Geek Award!

Canhead, is a 1995 Claymation short flick created and produced by Timothy Hittle.  It looks like animation from the '70s/'80s or something straight out of George Pal's Puppetoons.  I think it is an amazing work of art, and also showcases some of the best animation with clay I have ever seen; in fact the animation trumps that of which is in Wallace & Gromit: a close shave which also performs amazing work.  The emotion is totally over the top an the way Timothy got a clay figure to perform in such a way is just outstanding.  I could gush over this work all day.

What strikes me as interesting is
the giant monster/robot that attacks the main character; that of which we have seen in every episode of Cartoon Network's Regular Show.  Enjoy, thank me for suggesting it to you in the comments or in an email; also thank Timothy either in the comments below or in the comments below his video.

Link: http://vimeo.com/20726306

Popular posts from this blog

Peter and the Wolf

I was incredibly impressed with  Peter and the Wolf which is a 2006 Stop Motion short film,










Another Post about armatures

I know that I have a lot of posts concerning armatures, well here's another.

Frankenweenie armatures

These are armatures and puppets from the Tim Burton film "Frankenweenie."

Sweet Dreams & Storyboard pro!

Lets go back into time about four years ago, in 2009 we had probably the best year for stopmo ever;  I mean it, there's Fantastic Mr. Fox, Coraline, and A town Called panic, all were