Skip to main content

"Things Matter" #6th Stop Motion Geek Award

Thing Matter is all done with Object Animation.  And it is some of the most amazing and awesome animation as far as using dressers and furniture.  I must say, whoever rigged the characters was a genius! - I mean it takes me a hell of a time to rig a 9 inch puppet let alone a bed!

Dougal Wilson is the director on this awesome commercial/short from Blink Productions for John Lewis insurance.  They used the Arc Moco VOLO crane well usuing Dragonframe to animate, and as you can see, its awesome!  Now I think you can see why I'm giving this project an honorary SMG award.


Video link: http://vimeo.com/72487877
BTS link: http://youtu.be/_ULT9KQ4owg





Please remember to send me your choices for the SMG award and what project you think deserves one.

Popular posts from this blog

Peter and the Wolf

I was incredibly impressed with  Peter and the Wolf which is a 2006 Stop Motion short film,










Another Post about armatures

I know that I have a lot of posts concerning armatures, well here's another.

Frankenweenie armatures

These are armatures and puppets from the Tim Burton film "Frankenweenie."

Sweet Dreams & Storyboard pro!

Lets go back into time about four years ago, in 2009 we had probably the best year for stopmo ever;  I mean it, there's Fantastic Mr. Fox, Coraline, and A town Called panic, all were