Skip to main content

Best Book for Stop Motion Enthusiasts?

So help me, I can not figure out why I'm not putting this post in the FAQs page.  Still, here it goes.
A question that I probably get asked the most is: "I don't have a ton of money to put to Stop Motion, but I need to know exactly what to do.  Is there a good website or book that can help me?"

Dear (Joe, maybe) [Stop Motion enthusiast],
The book you should look into getting is
the Aardman Book of 3D Animation.
 Or, the updated version Cracking Animation (not that there's much of a difference, I own both).

Now, the book in which I actually first heard of animation is: Industrial Light & Magic: The Art of Special Effects.  The ILM book doesn't go over Stop Motion in detail, but it goes over how they made there first film like: Star Wars, Indiana Jones, E.T. etc.  I think that both the ILM book and the Aardman book are both worth getting, but, that's up to you.

Popular posts from this blog

Peter and the Wolf

I was incredibly impressed with  Peter and the Wolf which is a 2006 Stop Motion short film,










Another Post about armatures

I know that I have a lot of posts concerning armatures, well here's another.

Frankenweenie armatures

These are armatures and puppets from the Tim Burton film "Frankenweenie."

Sweet Dreams & Storyboard pro!

Lets go back into time about four years ago, in 2009 we had probably the best year for stopmo ever;  I mean it, there's Fantastic Mr. Fox, Coraline, and A town Called panic, all were